Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Around the House - Home Theater Update

Nicole and I have been plugging away in our Home Theater. We've got the drywall about 3/4 installed and are now facing the hard part. Mudding.
I "could" hire some people to come in and do it for us - to the Tune of about $3000-4000. That's nearly 1/2 my budget for the entire theater room, so I think I'm going to take a pass on this one and Nic and I will do the mudding ourselves.


Since I'm not a professional drywall mudder, I know that the job we do will be less than perfect. I'm tossing around ideas for wall panels that will help disguise my 'non-pro' mudding job and enhance the appearance of our home theater room. Now don't panic. I'm not talking about the cheesy faux wood panels that we all grew up with in our family rooms. I'm talking hand-built wainscotting from scratch.

Here are a few inspirational images. I really like the one with the brown walls above.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great work.